Search by product code, name or application:|
Search for the most appropriate electrode by research application:
Product Code: CUY650PP5
Electrodes for Electroporation
Embryo and Muscle
CUY650PP5 - Tweezers with 5mmφ platinum disk electrodes
| » » »
The CUY21 electroporator range is the only range of electroporators that guarantee consistent and reproducible success – possibly something you have not been able to achieve to date with other commercially available electroporators.
Electroporation Publications And Protocols
The Unique Advantages of CUY21 Electroporator Range:
- Superior Measurement and Control of Critical EP Factors:
Uniquely, the CUY21EDIT enables one to measure the resistance of a target sample prior to the electroporation event and measure the actual current and voltage after electroporation. Competing devices cannot determine the actual resistance of the target sample, so the delivered current may vary every experiment even though the same voltage is applied. This fluctuation in current will affect the reproducibility of the experiment. For example, the same experiment may be successful one day and may not be successful the next. With the CUY21 EDIT one is guaranteed reproducibility of experiment.
As one is aware, current is one of the most important and critical control factors in obtaining successful electroporation results. In order to deliver the optimal current, before electroporation, one must know the actual resistance of the target sample. Indeed, the resistance of the sample changes from one experiment to the next. With CUY21EDIT (unlike competing devices), the resistance value of the target sample can be confirmed prior to electroporation, so it can be adjusted by changing the position or distance of the electrodes slightly. This adjustment enables one to deliver the optimal current. (For example, in the case of electroporation with E14.5 mouse embryo, the optimal current is in the range from 30mA to 60mA. If the current is outside of this range, one can see immediately after electroporation that the experiment is not going well).
We also note that our clients value the integrity of the square wave delivered by the CUY21 EDIT. The quality of the CUY21 electroporator range square wave is superior to that our its competitors.
- Wider Control Spectrum with the CUY21 EDIT
A problem with competing devices is that they cannot precisely control voltage lower than 50V (unlike the CUY21 EDIT). In our opinion, this is a design flaw and emanates from the fact that many were initially designed for in vitro electroporation. As you are aware, in vitro electroporation requires higher voltage. Voltage settings lower than 50V are used in utero electroporation. The inaccurate voltage control in competing devices leads to unwanted current fluctuations. This may adversely affect the outcome of the experiment, meaning that it may not be successful.
- World’s Largest Supply of Electrodes and Accessories to support Electroporation
We stock over 250 different high precision electrode configurations. These electrodes have been specifically designed for and to be used with the CUY21 electroporator range. No competitor offers this level of electrode and accessory support. What this means is that when a researcher purchases from the CUY21 electroporator range he/she is purchasing a machine that has a wider application range (as supported by our wider electrode range) than competitor devices.
- CUY21 In Built Safety Function
As the researcher's safety is a primary concern, we have designed an automatic cut-off system into our electroporators. What this means is that if a researcher uses our electrodes with our electroporator then he/she will not be able to accidentally electrocute him/herself. (As you are aware, some researchers often prefer to hold electrodes by hand when they perform electroporation – the CUY21 electroporator is supplied with a footswitch and required cable connectors as standard). Also, the CUY21 range sounds an audio alarm to alert the researcher that EP is about to take place. Most competitor devices do not have this in-built safety function.
- CUY21 Electroporator Range:
For your further information; the CUY21 SC electroporator was launched on the 1 June 2007. It has been designed specifically for vitro applications that require the delivery of genes into very sensitive targets, e.g., adult mouse's brain and single cells. In such applications, delivery of a controlled and measurable low current (<10 mA) is essential in order to ensure no damage is done to the target. The CUY21 SC model enables the researcher to measure the delivered (low) current. As I am sure you are aware:
- the optimal current for this type of electroporation is 5-8mA
- if actual current is lower than 5mA, genes will not be delivered
- on the other hand, if the current is higher than 8mA, as the brain is fragile, a mouse will die easily
- so the current is the most important measurable index for in-vivo
electroporation, especially the application of gene delivery into adult mouse's brain
CUY21 EDIT v CUY21 SC
- The SC is a specialist instrument that is designed to maximise control in delivering voltages lower than or equal to 100V.
- The SC can measure the current delivered to a target when that current is lower than 10mA (Whereas the EDIT cannot accurately measure current below 10mA).
- The SC has 99 programmable memory settings where as the EDIT has 2 memory settings.
- The maximum impedance measurement limit of the SC is 35KOhms, whereas that of the EDIT is 18KOhms.
- The added capability of the SC to precisely control and monitor output at lower delivered voltages significantly adds to our range of specialist electroporation-based products. It should however be noted that the SC does not supersede the EDIT device and in applications requiring higher voltage inputs (in excess of 100V), the EDIT is still a necessity.
|There are no products to list in this category.