Plant Protoplast Fusion by Electro-Cell-Fusion and by Electroporation
Plant Protoplast Fusion
Electro Cell Fusion
|Plant Protoplast Fusion may be performed by Electro Cell Fusion using our ECFG21 device (which has replaced the LF101 and LF201 devices).
(Cell Type: General Plant Protoplast and Celery Apium Graveolens L. Fusio)
The stated methodologies illustrate the use of our LF201 or LF101 devices (now replaced by the ECFG21 device) and a chamber.
Electro Cell Fusion Electrode Recommendation:
According to the protocol:
– CUY501G4 (160ul)
– CUY498-4 (2.0ml)
– CUY498-10 (4.0ml)
are appropriate chambers. The number in brackets indicates the volume between electrodes. If one has a preference for the larger volume chamber electrode, then we recommend the CUY498-10 electrode.
Further electrode information:
Our electrodes are compatible with the BTX ECM2001. However, they cannot be used with Eppendorf device.
Re: Plant Seed Electroporation
Link to further information on our webstie: Plant Seed Transfection by Electroporation
Please also note that you will also need to source the following items directly from these suppliers:
– Dry Vacuum Pump (e.g. http://www.ulvac-kiko.com/en/pumps/da060d.html )
– Vacuum Desiccator (e.g. VM http://www.justis.as-1.co.jp/jus-tis/web/DirectSearch.aspx?shcode=1-5800-01
If the seed is hard, DNA cannot be transferred.
Parameter setting for the following are available to our clients:
– Protoplast (using our 2mm-gap Cuvette)
– Plant Embryo EP (using our CUY520P5 electrode)
– Isolated Chloroplasts (using our 2mm-gap Cuvette)